Best Shopify Apps For Building A Customizable Product Store
In this modern technological world, most customers not only want products delivered to their doorstep, but they also want them customized as well.
Because of this, most Shopify store owners are adding product customization options to their website.
Products that are typically customized are t-shirts, mugs, stickers, phone cases, keychains, business cards, bags, shoes, photo albums, etc. But a customer may want any product they purchased to be customized.
This is where Shopify Partners bring in Customizable Product Apps. These apps come with completely customizable features such as responsive design, custom 2D – 3D images, multi-language support, conditional logic, and unlimited customization options.
So, let us go ahead and check out
The 15 Most Popular Shopify Apps For Building Customizable Products
Product Customizer is a convenient Shopify tool to use for outstanding customer service.
The Product Customizer app offers unlimited customization options that your customers can enjoy. With exciting features like file uploads, drop down options, and text boxes, customers can get the full-fledged customization opportunities of the app.
Product Customizer helps make running a store easier with an unlimited number of options. These include: custom swatch picker, google fonts picker, custom file uploads, calendar date selector, radio buttons, dropdown menus, checkbox options – so your products and site pages can be customized.
Key features and takeaways of Product Customizer App:
- Use bulk action to save time managing large product volume
- Search & filter products by type or tag to update options quicker
- Create customized templates
- Define fields to prevent incomplete orders
- Add descriptions & placeholders to ensure customers complete the fields
- Improve customer experience with immediate display options.
- Avoid time to increase scalability and performance. Unlike other apps, Product Customizer does not use third-party services
- Product Customizer also offers support for advanced theme features that are compatible with any theme.
Pricing: 14 day Free Trial.
Basic – $18.99/month.
Premium – $39.99/month.
Premium Plus – $99.99/month.
Bold Product Builder by BOLD helps eliminate the problem of customer relations for small to medium business owners. Customers on your site can now create or customize the products they want or even customize the products available.
While customers make their own products, images of the created products are also displayed to give them a better view. Bold Product Builder also sets conditional logic so that the other processes move easier for the actual sale.
With Bold Product Builder, users can also track the store inventory. The app assigns the price of the product automatically to reduce the workload on the store owner.
Key features and takeaways of Bold Product Builder:
- Customization of products already available or building new products entirely
- Customers can select the preview products image in 2D or 3D
- The app helps directly attach a price to any new product and helps track inventory. But you need to link the product with a specific variant in your store to allow the app to automate.
- The app also can ignore inventory, hide options, disable products or show an ‘out of stock’ message as well
- Store owners can create a custom form to gather information of customers
- Users can also customize the look of the builder. You can change settings like fonts, colors, text background, etc. to make it more relatable to your brand
Pricing: 14-day free trial. $60/month.
Zakeke Product Customizer is another customizing app that allows customers to customize any product in your store to their requirements.
The app allows customers to personalize items with texts such as their names, slogans, quotes, etc. What’s more, the app even allows buyers to choose from a variety of colors and materials.
The app also provides real-time 3D images for customers to get a view of the product they have created.
With customers getting exactly what they want, Shopify store owners can now breathe easy when it comes to refunds, complaints, and ratings.
Key features and takeaways of Zakeke Product Customizer:
- Text Customization: Buyers can add text to products and change their color, size, orientation, rotation, and font.
- Images: Store owners can upload a catalog of pre-selected artwork for customers to choose from. Or allow them to upload their own products.
- 3D Images and Augmented Reality: Customers can get 3D images of their products and can also see it through AR
- Product Configuration: Customers can also make different versions of their products by changing components, elements, and customizing colors and materials.
- Store owners can decide the pricing rates for each customization
- The app works on any area of the product a customer may want to customize
Pricing: 14 day Free Trial.
Starter Pack – $6.99/month or $5.25/month billed at $63 once a year.
Advanced Pack – $12.99/month or $9.75/month billed at $117 once a year.
Unlimited Pack – $39.99/month or $32.42/month billed at $389 once a year.
Configurator Pack – $199.99/month or $149.92/month billed at $1799 once a year.
The Qstomizer App is perfect for Shopify store owners selling clothes, phone cases, mugs, banners, business cards, keychains, wall art, etc., that customizers can personalize.
This app lets customers add text, images, clipart, logos, quotes, etc., that they want. It also supports multi-language use, automatic language detection, and a translation tool so customers can add their choice of language.
The best feature of this app is the automatic filters in the images that customers upload. They can modify the images to suit them.
For Shopify Store owners, the app allows custom pricing to be set according to text or image size, shape, and color.
Key features and takeaways of Qstomizer App:
- Live Preview options: Customers can preview their customized products before making the actual purchase
- The App website is fully customizable using CSS rules. Shopify Store Owners can apply their brand colors and tone to the app
- Store owners can add any Google Font or TTF Font. And can also add a collection of clipart to help customers choose
- Generate designs by layers – only text, or only images, or the design with or without background color or complete design for printing – without any issues
- Create and store templates that customers can modify to suit their requirement
- Automatic Image Filtering to make effects like wood engraving or leather or black & white or colorized.
- The app also allows store owners to set a minimum resolution of pixel size to inform customers that their pictures may not be of good quality
Pricing: 7 day Free Trial.
Basic Plan – $9.99/month
Advanced Plan – $19.99/month
Professional Plan – $29.99/month
Product Personalizer by Zepto Apps is another excellent product customizer app. With added benefits like an automatic translator, text elements that can be translated from every language, fully responsive design, and bulk action responses – the app is currently one of the best in the Shopify Apps Store.
Product Personalizer also allows buyers to accomplish their customization on one single page. This not only saves time but also avoids redirecting to another page.
The app also adds inline personalization buttons, pop-up windows, and direct field options, making the customization part quick and easy.
Key features and takeaways of Product Personalizer:
- Unlimited number of product customizations
- With the simple conditional logic editor, customers can build complicated products
- Translate text elements to different languages
- Set price per product and add additional costs per personalization
- Save customized images/text and show in the checkout cart
- The fully responsive app is optimized on desktop, tablet, and smartphone
- Bulk uploads to save time and manage large product volumes
- No redirecting from the product page. Users can set inline personalization button, pop-up window, or direct field in the product form
- Unlimited product view – front, back, left, right, top, bottom, etc
- Add custom CSS to match theme or brand
- Upload text, monograms, fonts, colors, images, swatches, product builders, etc
Pricing: 15 day Free Trial.
Starter Plus: $14.99/month
Artistry by Artistry.IO is a product customizer app that provides customers the ability to customize any product in a Shopify owner’s store.
The app has a super responsive and well-designed user interface. And besides, they have plenty of Quickstart templates.
Also, the app allows customers to customize items easily. This saves production time and cost and helps the customer get what they need hassle-free.
Key features and takeaways of Product Customizer By Artistry:
- Customers can check their personalized products before buying with the Live Preview option
- The user-friendly admin page lets Shopify store owners focus on creating and selling custom products without worrying about complicated HTML codes
- The app is user-friendly, modern and responsive and is suited for any screen size
- The app provides Quickstart templates to start customizing products immediately
- Easy download of customized orders
Pricing: 30 day Free Trial.
Small – $9.99/month
Medium – $29.99/month or $25/month billed at $300 once a year
Large – $99/month or $83.25/month billed at $999 once a year
Tshirt and Product Design customizing has become easier with T-shirt & Product Design Studio by SolverCircle.
Customers can now design or personalize any product from a Shopify Store. With the app, store owners can also add different prices for customizing results based on shape, size, color, and pixels.
Key features and takeaways of T-shirt & Product Design Studio By SolverCircle:
- The app is designed to personalize any product available in a Shopify Store
- Shopify Store Owners can select which products they want to be personalized from the backend section of the app
- Customers can add images, logos, monograms, texts, quotes from a template already uploaded or add their own
- Easy save and edit options for customers to add or change their ideas
Pricing: 10 day Free Trial.
Premium – $13.99/month
Gold – $29.99/month
Inkybay is another product customization tool that has been developed by ProductDesigner. The app provides visiting customers with the option of using their own creativity to build products they desire.
The app offers customers real-time product visualization where they can see exactly what they are customizing and how the end product will look.
Inkybay also provides customers with clipart and font library to choose as product designs as well. They also offer everything from the backend that includes production ready vector files like SVG, JPG, PDF, and PNG files.
Key features and takeaways of Inkybay:
- Inkybay provides product customization options for any product – apparel, promotional items, personalized items, business-related products, etc
- Customers can now visualize what they design and how it will look with real-time product visualization
- Shopify Store Owners can use Inkybay to manage everything from the Inkybay admin section – product uploads, templates, fonts, printing options, pricing, orders, tracking, etc
- Inkybay also provides Shopify Store Owners with production-ready files that include product configuration and design details
- Also, pricing options are dynamic with custom-made pricing options based on design selection
- The design options tool also provides advanced setting options and templates that are pre-designed so that customers can add their choice of text, shapes, colors, font, and images
- Easy to install
- Mobile-friendly HTML5 designer tool
- Large clipart & font library
Pricing: 45-day free trial period.
Starter Plan – $19.99/month
Moderate Plan – $29.99/month
Advance Plan – $49.99/month
Professional Plan – $99.99/month
Troupe offers high-quality print fashion jewelry products based on customer demands. The app prints personal marks on jewelry so that customers can express themselves even in their jewelry.
Troupe has no limits when it comes to product quantities. Buyers can print customizable designs on multiple jewelry items at the same time.
Also, Troupe provides the option of letting customers upload their product customizations to Shopify Store owner sites, for others to see.
The app also controls the entire production and fulfillment options to make sure customers get not only consistent quality but faster shipping times.
Key features and takeaways of Troupe – Style on Demand:
- Troupe offers high-quality on-demand print options for jewelry products without inventory
- Troupe can do any jewelry product that a customer wants to be customized
- Shopify Store Owners can also upload beautiful pieces of artwork that Troupe can create products from
- The jewelry designs are top of the line and are produced in the USA itself. So the entire process from order to shipping takes only 3-5 days.
- The app also provides complete shipping transparency. Shopify Store Owners need not worry about the shipping and tracking options. Everything is taken care of by the app itself
- Troupe also provides a mockup generator. All users need to do is upload the image, and it will be applied to multiple jewelry items all at once.
- Each item produced by Troupe is made of premium materials with a glossy-enamel finish on each piece.
Pricing: The app is a Free Tool.
Product Options and Testimonials by AAAeCommerce is a virtual assistant that assists Shopify eCommerce store owners. The app provides administrative and supports features for Product Option Fields, Testimonial Form, and Custom Popup Form.
With the app, Shopify store owners are enabled to create a large number of product fields in product pages so that customers can easily fill in the fields. Owners can also add attributes that include text area, date, checkbox, dropdown, radio button, yes/no options, text display, and file uploads.
The app also has options for creating a testimonial slider and a grid with a submission form. Shopify Store Owners can also manually add testimonials in their store to show good product reviews.
Key features and takeaways of Product Options + Testimonial by AAAeCommerce:
- This 3 in 1 app provides Shopify store owners with Product Option Fields, Testimonial Forms, and Pop-up Builder – all in one place.
- Product Option Field Features:
- Create an unlimited number of extra Product fields
- Customers can fill in different fields during the Product detail page
- Add additional attributes from a large number of fields that includes text field, text area, date, yes/no options, dropdown, checkbox, multiple selections, radio button, text display, and file upload
- Create numerous forms to specify where they will be shown
- Show different fields for different products
- Testimonial Form Features:
- Shopify store owners can create testimonial sliders and grid with a submission form
- Manually add testimonials to show customers
- Collect testimonials from customers from the frontend form and add them to the shop
- Photo upload also features available in the app to showcase photos sent by customers
- Custom Popup Form Features:
- Easy custom pop-up features can be added to the store with a few clicks
- Create exact pop-up fields with the Form builder
- Choose from pre-designed pop-up templates
- Add, remove or hide pop-ups at any given time
- No programming knowledge required by the drag and drop options.
- The app is fully responsive for desktop and mobile pop-ups.
Pricing: 7-day free trial, after which plans are from $9/month.
Once customers are willing to buy your product, the next step to keeping them happy is the packaging.
Custom Packaging by Arka Inc is one such tool. It provides eco-friendly packaging options at very low rates. With the free online design tool, you can customize the packaging of your product to suit your brand image.
With fast delivery options and easy digital printing options, Custom Shipping Boxes by Arka Inc is an excellent tool for new Shopify Store Owners.
Key features and takeaways of Custom Packaging – Custom Shipping Boxes by Arka Inc:
- Easy options for designing packaging online
- Custom Packaging owners can select the eco-friendly material to make the boxes. All boxes are made with 99% recycles plastic and are reusable
- The packages are optimized for shipping rates and can be sent out in weekly batches. Owners can order a minimum of 10 boxes at a time
- With a 3D interface, owners can customize their product boxed and save their creations
- Once the design is selected, owners can get their branded boxes within 10 days
- If owners want unbranded boxes, the app has them as well
Kopigin, the automatic product description generator, has now become Ginnie.
For Shopify Store owners, who have large product catalogs, it is challenging to create full product descriptions. But with Ginnie, store owners can now generate unique product descriptions quickly.
Using AI, the content-generating software automatically transforms raw product details into an engaging, unique content.
Key features and takeaways of Ginnie:
- Automatically produces product descriptions from raw details
- Ginnie’s Dropdown menu provides multiple options to choose as product features such as material, style, type or others
- After generating product descriptions, you can save them in any data file format and export to your catalog
- Product descriptions created leverage high-volume keywords for SEO
- Creates thousands of product descriptions in a short time span to help speed up large scale projects
Pricing: Free to Install.
Pay-As-You-Go – $3/description
Standard – $2/description
Pro – $1.5.description
Premium – $1.25/description
Live Preview Options by Webyze provides customizable product preview options for customers. Shopify Store Owners can add unlimited, customizable features like swatches, text inputs, and even HTML instructions to previews.
Customers can automatically see these live previews with a price increase without any added effort from the owner.
Options can also be added or hidden based on the customers’ previous selection.
Key features and takeaways of Live Preview Options by Webyze:
- Instant Auto-Installation – No coding knowledge is required as the app automatically updates previews
- The product customization app allows live preview image configuration that automatically gets updated when customers change selections. The app changes colors, add elements and customizable texts on the fly.
- Conditional logic of the app lets owners show or hide options depending on previous selection
- The price increase feature allows store owners to increase or decrease the price depending on the selected option. Users can increase the price for specific elements, checkboxes, swatches and even increase the cost depending on the number of boxes uploaded
Pricing: 7-day free trial.
Basic – $9/month
Shopify – $14/month
Advanced – $23/month
Shopify Plus – $26/month
Allowing customers to personalize their own products is not a new concept. But providing them with the best experience while they customize is possible with the Custom Product Builder app.
The app provides 3D imaging options so that customers can view their product from every angle. Also, with unlimited variants, options, and personalization features, customers get exactly what they envisioned.
The app also provides an interactive product preview option that is convenient to use.
Key features and takeaways of Custom Product Builder by Buildateam:
- Custom Product builder combines both the functionality of product customization and product personalization in one app
- The product configurator stacks transparent PNG layers to create a complete product preview. This offers a photorealistic preview of the product in real-time
- Also, the app provides the ability to overlay areas on the product with uploadable logos, images, artwork, monograms, and texts
- The app is also completely mobile optimized
- Also, it can add custom CSS to match the theme and custom JS to create a new look
- Custom Product Builder also has unlimited price variants and multiple cart product previews
Pricing: 30-day free trial. Plan for $50/month.
SKYOU is an effective tool for any online store. The app helps create customizing programs to import new clothing to online fashion or retail stores without hassle.
SKYOU also provides browsers based on 3D designs on which buyers can view products in any dimension.
Also, the app provides automatic language translation, and measurement unit changes for overseas shipping.
Key features and takeaways of SKYOU:
- Design, create, and publish a wide variety of apparel & accessories for your eCommerce store.
- Print anywhere without additional charges
- Print graphics over seams with 1mm accuracy
- The app receives the orders and ships them directly to the customer with automatic tracking number uploading to Shopify
- Store owners can set product prices based on area printed or design or materials used
Shoppers generally want something that will make them stand out from the crowd. And Fancy Product Designer lives up to that expectation.
Users can avail of a large number of templates for clothes and accessories. And can create their color scheme, texts, fonts, sizes, etc.
The app is also user friendly and can integrate with desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. So, customers can gain access to the store anywhere and anytime.
The app also provides templates and designs that can be downloaded as JPG, PNG, and SVG files. These pictures can be adjusted to height and width according to what the customer wants.
Key features and takeaways of Fancy Product Designer:
- The app enables the store owner or the customers to design any product they want
- The app also provides different color options to choose from
- Customers can choose from hundreds of Google Fonts or upload their own in the design
- Store owners can assign the price for other products depending on the design, font, size, color
- The app also has pre-made templates that customers can select from. Or they can add their own designs to create
- The app is fully responsive and easy to use on desktops, tablets, and smartphones
Pricing: 14-day free trial.
Starter Plan – $15/month
Professional Plan – $50/month
Premium – $100/month
With the change in the ‘how customers consume’ products, it is evident that the ‘what they consume’ will also evolve. While most people are trend followers, they do like to give it their personal touches. This is where Product Customizer Apps come in.
With the right Product Customizer App, Shopify Store Owners can not only sell perfectly customized products but can also help create trends in the process. All the information added above is all collected from the vendor’s website or their published pages. And every app on the list is added to not only customize the product listing but also customize the entire sales process.
We recommend giving some of the apps on this list a try.
Let us know if we missed out on any app that you would like us to review.