Fantastic news for Shopify — it created BFCM history with a record-breaking $5.1+ billion in sales! The platform started its Black Friday sale on November 27 in New Zealand’s time zone and ended with California.
Shopify merchants witnessed a 75% hike in Black Friday sales from 2019, and before the US consumers hit the snooze button, it collectively crossed the $1 billion sales mark!
The numbers are proof enough to test waters in the eCommerce niche. And dive right into with Shopify. And if you need more reasons to opt for the platform than what its sales projections are, then here you go!
Why choose Shopify to start your eCommerce business?
Ease of use
Haven’t we stressed enough on this point? The eCommerce building platform is structured logically, so much so that users without any clue of coding knowledge can find their way around creating an online store on the forum. Shopify app store offers an all-out app and tool system that will build an online store from scratch with ease!
Limitless options of themes, layouts, and more
Shopify conversely offers its merchants the best of design — especially user-experience — and layout opportunities. You can find both free themes and premium Shopify themes to choose from to build an aesthetically pleasing storefront. Its themes are made with a mobile-first and mobile-responsive design that makes an online store compatible with different screen sizes — thereby delivering the best of customer experience in the process!
Security is the foundation of the Shopify platform
Shopify is a SaaS platform that is high on the security level. It is a PCI level one complaint and built with an expert team dedicated solely to ensuring the platform’s security. Something that I can vouch for you won’t find in any other eCommerce building sits.
Continue reading below
Want to Customize Your Shopify Store?
Get started with a free 20 min consultation with one of our Shopify ExpertsSchedule Now
Now, if you need more verification about the platform, then check out the Global Stats –
- USA, UK, and Canada topped the charts with bestselling countries, while cities like New York, Los Angeles, and London topped the cities list
- 67% of sales on Black Friday were from mobile devices, while 33% were from the desktop. While this is lower than 2019, 67% mobile – 31% desktop – it can be because most people are still working from home and have easy access to a desktop
- Globally the top products of the Black Friday 2020 sale were home and garden, health and beauty, and apparel – accessories
- The Average Black Friday cart price saw an increase of 11% from 2019 at $90.70 globally.
- Black Friday also saw 14% cross-border orders on the platform
This year the Shopify team had expected the platform to make Black Friday history, especially with more people shopping online. With consumers turning to help support their favorite brands via their wallets, this year’s Black Friday online shopping figures prove that with every trial and tribulation, humanity still sticks together to survive and sustain.