Halloween is over but not the holidays! The busiest week — and the most revenue-generating for eCommerce businesses — is right around the corner. It’s BFCM or Black Friday Cyber Monday. You cannot miss out on the weeklong holiday shopping bonanza when the online traffic is at its peak and customers are prepared to splurge like there’s no tomorrow. So, is your online store ready to drive maddening BFCM sales? I’ve got you covered with our BFCM sales strategies for 2022!
BFCM Sales Strategy – Customer Experience Strategies
BFCM eCommerce Sales Strategy #1: Create Clear Policies, Terms, and Conditions
It’s the holiday season sales phenomenon, and you’re bound to hit a rush (which is what you aim for, right?) The key to keeping your goals straightforward and to the point is updating and designing your store’s terms and conditions and key policies and displaying the same to your customers. Make sure they are updated and displayed on respective pages on the site. Doing so will only help reduce tickets and deliver the best customer experience.
Display your store policies, terms, and conditions in the:
- Confirmation emails
- Help Center
- Product pages
- Checkout flow
BFCM eCommerce Sales Strategy #2: Turn On Live Chat on your eCommerce Store
Turning on your website’s live chat or self-service chat menus will enable you to connect with your customers and access their requirements firsthand. Furthermore, your customers will feel secure enough to buy from you.
You can choose from the following top Shopify live chat apps for BFCM rush-hour sales:
- Messenger Channel
- Tidio Live Chat
- Zendesk Live Chat
- Chatra Live Chat
- Channel.io – Live Chat and Chatbot
- Shopify Inbox
- WhatsApp Chat + Abandoned Cart by Push Daddy
- PingMe Facebook Messenger Chat by Omega
- Formilla Live Chat
- POWR Facebook Chat
- Richpanel Customer Support CRM
- Live Chat for Slack
BFCM eCommerce Sales Strategy #3: Offer Multiple Payment Methods
When you offer a wide range of payment options to your customers, you automatically help scale your conversion rate and boost your customer experience. When made available, multiple payment options will make your customers feel comfortable and secure during the checkout process.
Why should you offer multiple payment options?
- For abandoned cart minimization
- For conversion rate maximization
- To make checkout easier for your customers
- To engage bigger demographics
Here are the top Shopify Payment Apps to choose from for your Shopify store:
- Shopify Payments
- Charge Rabbit
- Put It On Lay-Buy
- Amazon Pay
- Braintree Payment Solutions
BFCM eCommerce Sales Strategy #4: Free Shipping (conditions applied)
If the “Free shipping” cost falls on retailers, why should they offer it? Offering “Free Shipping” to your customers during BFCM and the rest of the holiday season will give you a competitive edge. The prospect of not paying a shipping charge will drive your customers to buy from you — especially with the ongoing inflation, and consumers will try cutting corners.
Here’s why you should offer free shipping to your customers, but with conditions applied:
1. Attract more customers
2. Attract new customers with an easy return policy
3. Lower cart abandonment with transparent shipping information
Free shipping conditions that you should initiate before the process:
- Offer free shipping on exchanges only, if it’s proving to be too expensive for your inventory
- Offer free shipping on a minimum order value only
- Offer free shipping as a part of a “premium customer” or “loyalty” program
- Offer limited-period free shipping options
Here’s the list of top shipping apps for your Shopify store:
- Parcelify – Shipping
- Shipping Rates Calculator +
- Advanced Shipping Rules
BFCM eCommerce Sales Strategy #5: Use Product Popups
Use popups to highlight products to your customers and offer them discounts, coupons, or any unique giveaway to return and opt for the highlighted products. The benefits of using popups are not only restricted to the holiday season rush or BFCM. Popups are a great way to grow your email list, offer coupon codes and discounts to customers, and reduce cart abandonment.
Here is the list of top Popup apps for the Shopify store:
- Privy – Pop Ups, Email and SMS
- Poptin Email Pop Ups Spin Exit Popups
- POP! Sales & Live Activity Pop
- Justuno Popups for Email, SMS and Upsell
- Mailmunch – Email Popup
- HTML Popup
- AVA Email Marketing, SMS, Popup
- Flowio – Email Popup, LiveChat and SMS
- ToastiBar – Sales Popup Shopify App
- POWR – Triggering Popup onClick
2022 Black Friday and Cyber Monday (BFCM) is soon to kick off from November 25 to November 28, and that’s only a few days away. However, there is always time to get started with your eCommerce sales strategy. Our BFCM sales strategies for your eCommerce store will work wonders throughout the holiday season — given you implement them in the right way. We’ll keep updating you with more tips, techniques, and strategies to help you grow your eCommerce business.